Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC)
What is the Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC)?
The ECC coordinates and facilitates the ‘day-to-day’ planning and project work on behalf of the CDEM Group and CEG. The ECC is the main facility from which the response to a CDEM Group emergency will be co-ordinated.
The functions of the ECC include:
- Advice and technical support to the CEG and the CDEM Group
- Project coordination and management, including the on going development, implementation, monitoring and review of the CDEM Group Plan,
- Coordination of regional CDEM policy and its implementation
- Management of contracts entered into on behalf of the CDEM Group or CEG
- Management of and administering CDEM Group staff on behalf of the CDEM Group
- External liaison with the CDEM sector
- Coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Preparation in consultation with CEG, of the annual report of the CDEM Group’s activities, budget and performance to the CDEM Group for adoption
How the ECC responds in an emergency
- Staffed by specialists and volunteer staff organised using Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) for 24hr operation and 90 minute activation
- Robust and varied communications methods and redundancies
- On-call duty officer system with back-up